As an Advanced-Reg Pharmacy Technician, you will consistently build relationships with patients by exceeding their needs and providing safe, accurate and efficient care to achieve optimal patient, Team Member and company outcomes. As an integral part of our service conscious Pharmacy team, you will have mastered all of the skills of the Pharmacy Technician at an optimal level.
- Experience Required: 6 months to 1 year; Successful completion of Giant Eagle employer based Pharmacy Technician Training Program and accompanying examinations, as established, maintained, and administered by the Company.; Successful completion of the Pharmacy Technician High-Level Proficiency Test, as established, maintained, and administered by the Company.
- Experience Desired: Previous experience in a retail, closed door, or hospital pharmacy.
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Registration as a Pharmacy Technician, as required by the state.
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Accurately and efficiently handle prescription data including counting, pouring, measuring and weighing tablets and medications, and mixing medications.
- Welcome patients with compassion and a smile at all pharmacy entry points and resolve customer questions and concerns by communicating effectively with the customer and the management team/support staff in an efficient manner.
- Display excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs including processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to products and merchandise, and referring appropriate questions concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the pharmacist.
- Adhere to all company, state and federal policies, laws and regulations including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrine sales.
- Use the Pharmacy computer to complete all actions necessary to maximize efficiency and provide optimal patient care at drop-off, will call, drive thru, filing and order receiving, including but not limited to, searching for patients and profiles, determining dates of fill and pick-up, and determining prescriptions sent to central fill.
- Finalize sales using cash register according to established procedures, including but not limited to, the point of sale policies, quoting cash prices of prescriptions, and entering invoices.
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels by checking on-hand counts of medications, ordering, receiving, stocking and rotating drugs and other supplies per company policy and procedures.
- Answer the telephone in a polite and timely manner, ensuring accurate information is exchanged and customer is satisfied.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all appropriate service and business metrics and assist team on action plans to improve outcomes.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment to ensure company and government requirements are met.
- Create prescription labels, file and retrieve prescriptions daily, and select the proper prescription container.
- Oversee inventory preparation and control, rebilling, and assisting the Pharmacist with other administrative functions.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs as required.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.