What you'll do...
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports and prepare corporate entity and partnership returns. Preparing business income tax returns and statements for audits. Prepares, submits and manages tax statement sand returns for businesses and clients. Provides advice on financial and tax matters and should have an in-dept knowledge of the regulations, laws and acts that govern the process. Attention to detail, strong analytical skills and is a good communicator. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
What you'll bring to the team...Education
- Preparing tax statements, financial statements and BAS statements at required intervals
- Creating and returning statements and documents to clients by set deadlines
- Preparing business income tax returns and statements for audits
- Assisting in tax planning
- Identifying areas where clients and businesses can reduce tax, make claims and increase profit
- Possessing strong knowledge of tax law and statutory regulations
- Understanding financial landscape and market trends
- Responsibilities could pertain to any area of accounting, such as: general ledger, tax, accounts payable, payroll, etc.
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end analysis of accounts for assigned lines of business. Validate the accuracy of data from subsystems.
- Process subsystems or subsidiary interfaces. Validate the accuracy of the interfaced data. Perform follow up and resolution of determined issues.
- Engaging regularly with clients and maintaining strong relationships
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field -OR- equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience
- Minimum of 3 years business tax/entity returns experience
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of integrated online accounting applications
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and project simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel including ability to use macros, pivot tables, and query
- Ability to navigate internet
About H&R Block...
- Experience with PeopleSoft general ledger and query preferred
H&R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much more.
H&R Block is committed to diversity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. All qualified applicants are welcomed and encouraged to apply.Sponsored Job