Store Detectives are key players in serving their assigned locations in the detection and apprehension of shoplifters.
- Experience Required: 0 to 1 year
- Experience Desired: Experience working in a retail grocery environment/law enforcement or security experience
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, Less than 10%
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Detect and apprehend shoplifters with the use of standard visual practice and CCTV in multi-store environment.
- Utilize CCTV to create video records of incidents requested by law enforcement and internal departments.
- Troubleshoot, report and provide solutions for malfunctions in CCTV equipment.
- Provide testimony in court cases as required by law enforcement or court representatives.
- Report possible internal integrity issues to the assigned loss prevention representative.
- Communicate effectively with customers and law enforcement personnel.
- Perform other security and loss prevention duties to ensure a safe and secure environment for customers and Team Members.
- Maintain safety as the top priority for our Team Members, guests and products.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.