At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a CAD Quality Engineer, Design. This position requires an experienced professional to execute and evangelize CAD best practices.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with lead CAD engineers and the Engineering Tools colleagues to develop the Lucid CAD Best Practices handbook
- Review CAD development status of Lucid products in PLM - look for and address issues
- Develop CAD quality checks for internal and partner use and drive implementation of these checks either via automation (e.g., Q-Checker) and/or by CAD methodology
- Develop rules for exchanging data (sending and receiving) with external Suppliers
- CAD Practices: Support the engineering team by providing
- Ad hoc complex CAD data exchanges (imports/exports) as required
- CAD restructuring to support Supplier Collaboration rules, rapid engineering changes and other purposes
- Support for Configuration Management, Engineering Tools Support and PLM change coordinators
- Coaching and support to Design Engineers via onsite at-desk and remote support
- CAD Support
- Provide essential technical support and guidance to Design Engineers to help troubleshoot and resolve issues in their use of CATIA 3DX (e.g., procedural, licensing/roles, etc.)
- Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent qualifications)
- 8+ years direct work with CATIA CAD design with a preference for CATIA V6/3DExperience
- Work experience in automotive and complex manufactured products is preferred
- Experience with CAD/PDM/PLM Data management principles including lifecycle states and rules, data linkages, Model-based Definition (e.g., CAD the Master ) and CAD quality
- Practical work with CAD quality management tools (e.g., Q-Checker, i-Check, custom)
- Strong attention to detail as the work done may be visible to senior stakeholders
- Proven track record of the design change process and CAD data management tools
- Ability to understand the big-picture while executing work in a diligent, detail-oriented manner
- A high degree of patience and a teaching mindset
- Enjoys Problem-solving, troubleshooting
- Great communication skills - in group scenarios and especially 1:1