Simpson College is seeking applications for a full-time security officer. As a member of the security staff, this position helps maintain a standard of safety and security for the campus.
The schedule for this position will be Wednesday through Sunday, 12:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. This position is a part of the Student Development team and reports to the Director of Security.
Responsibilities will include:
- Secure buildings, making an average of four (4) rounds each shift;
- Monitor pedestrian and vehicle traffic on campus;
- Maintain accurate duty logs of any incident or event that occur during a shift;
- Assist in conducting checks of life safety devices as needed.
- Maintain communication with physical plant/custodial staff and housing staff.
- Respond to emergent situations and other campus incidents
Candidates should possess strong communication skills, have the ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with a wide range of circumstances, and deliver high-quality customer service. Must have knowledge of first aid and CPR (training will be offered if not currently certified.)