Roving Maintenance Technician II
At TPS, it is all about the experience. We are looking for a Roving Maintenance Technician that thrives on collaboration, can be the go-to person for our properties all while managing your own time. This role supports or leads in the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor/ Manager, by ensuring that the physical aspects of the apartment property meet the company's established standards and any applicable laws. This position participates in leading the on-site maintenance staff, as well as diagnosing maintenance problems for the property. This position requires travel to sites that range from Bothell to Olympia. If you are looking for an engaging and rewarding work environment, look no further TPS is the place to be!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists supervisor with managing the on-site maintenance staff when needed.
- Leads in diagnosing problems and repairs for the property in the areas of as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, drywalling, exterior structural, and appliances.
- Schedules, monitors, and performs preventative maintenance and apartment turns.
- Purchases maintenance supplies for the property while staying within the planned budget when tasked.
- Inspects apartments before and after move-in and move-outs, as well as after the apartment has been turned, and ensures compliance with Company Standards.
- Responds promptly and accurately to work order requests from residents, as well as delegates work orders to maintenance staff when tasked.
- Performs property inspections when tasked in order to maintain cleanliness as well as to identify any problems.
- Assists in obtaining bids from outside contractors and oversees contractor work for completeness when tasked.
- Accurately prepares and submits property invoices in accordance with established guidelines and deadlines when tasked.
- Assists supervisor with vendor selection and relations, so as to ensure quality performance when tasked.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
- Responds to on-call when scheduled.
- Ensures pool and fitness areas are inspected daily.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding the overall maintenance function of the property.
- Ensures excellent customer service to prospective and current tenants.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade is required.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to use a personal computer or other computer tracking systems used at the property.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, and key/Handy track system.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
- Current driver license and automobile insurance.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and comply with provided uniform policy.
- Must comply with all safety regulations, including the use of back brace, safety goggles and gloves when appropriate.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; Overtime may be required for this position.
- Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- Must be reachable via phone, text or email, except during approved time off.
- Must be available to work on-call or when needed due to staffing shortages.
- Some travel may be required.
- Some hand and power tools required
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, feeling.
- Moderate climbing, balancing, crawling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting and talking, hearing, and smelling.
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet.
Why Work for TPS?
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Support employee development and professional organizational memberships
- We encourage career growth
We are an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.