Do you want to make a positive impact on the lives of children and adolescents? If so, you could become a part of a team creating meaningful, independent and productive lives for those individuals that we serve.
Being a Recreation Technician at Devereux has its Advantages!
The Recreation Technician plans and implements structured activities under the instruction and supervision of a Certified Recreational Therapist. This position will perform a variety of programming, technical, and clerical functions related to recreation, including working with clients, staff and volunteers; monitoring day to day operation of groups and facilities, performing clerical duties such as documentation and filing.
Schedule: Wednesday - Saturday 9:00am - 7:00pm
Benefits and Rewards
We strive to create an inclusive environment, and retain the talented employees who make our organization a great place to work. We offer:
- Paid time off (24 days per year, increase with years of service); Sick time (64 hours per year)
- Retirement - 403(b) through TIAA
- eM Life for Mental Health and Work/Life Programs
- Student loan debt assistance, tuition reimbursement and continuing education assistance
- Free access to Payactiv, a platform to get a portion of your earned wages between pay periods
- Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discounts - Available the first day of employment through Carebridge
- Service Awards - All employees celebrating a five-year increment (5, 10, 15, etc.) anniversary receive taxable compensation in recognition of their long-term commitment to Devereux
- Quality Low-Cost Benefits (medical, dental, vision), pet insurance - 30-day benefit eligibility waiting period for new hires!
Located on a beautiful 10-acre campus in the heart of Scottsdale, Devereux Arizona's 24-hour RTC and Therapeutic School, has the capacity to serve 48 children. The RTC is a safe and supportive environment that provides youth, from the ages of five to 17, who are experiencing emotional, behavioral or substance abuse challenges. We also provide an on-site accredited K-12 therapeutic school, which offers an academic curriculum while students receive intensive behavioral and emotional support.
Keywords: recreation tech, clerical, clerical aide, recreation technician, activity aide, activity assistant, recreation assistant, mental health, behavioral health, at-risk youth, direct care