Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® - to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Please note: This is a 12 hour night shift position from 6:00 pm to 6:30 am and allows you to have every other weekend off. Hours and days are below AFTER you are fully trained. Training will be during day shift hours from 6:00 am to 6:30 pm for 4-12 months from your start date.
Week 1 Mon - OFF, Tues - OFF, Wed - 12 hours, Thurs - 12 hours, Fri - OFF, Sat - OFF, Sun - OFF
Week 2 Mon - 12 hours, Tues - 12 hours, Wed - OFF, Thurs - OFF, Fri - 12 hours, Sat - 12 hours, Sun - 12 hours
Week 3 Mon - OFF, Tues - OFF, Wed - 12 hours, Thurs - 12 hours, Fri - OFF, Sat - OFF, Sun - OFF
Week 4 Mon - 12 hours, Tues - 12 hours, Wed - OFF, Thurs - OFF, Fri - 12 hours, Sat - 12 hours, Sun - 12 hours
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Keeping our plant clean and free from contamination is your focus - and it's so important! The Sanitation role ensures that assigned areas are properly cleaned using approved cleaning and sanitizing processes. You will be responsible for completely cleaning and sanitizing our plant efficiently (during relatively short time periods between the plant's normal production shifts.) You will clean and sanitize processing and production equipment and these areas of the plant to meet our sanitation standards. We will ensure you have a master cleaning schedule/checklist and you are trained on standard operating procedures so that you can confidently and efficiently perform your duties and maintain food safety standards. You'll also work with the maintenance team to ensure your cleaning schedule will align to when they work on the equipment.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Oversight and involvement in cleaning and sanitization processes for food processing equipment and food processing facilities.
- Prevent cross contamination of product, work-in-progress, food contact surfaces and food contact packaging during sanitation procedures.
- Follow all company Sanitation standard operating procedures (SOPs) for cleaning equipment and facility.
- Perform pre-inspection of clean equipment before requesting supervisor approval.
- Complete all required sanitation and work order documentation.
- Maintains all sanitation related equipment including but not limited to cleaning carts and tools, automatic floor scrubbers, vacuums, foamers, cleaning equipment and tools. Keeps the cleaning supplies stocked, on-hand and organized.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the sanitation supervisor.
- Maintains the effectiveness of the quality system and adheres to all company GMPs and Safety policies.
- Follow established programs, policies, and practices to produce safe, quality foods that meet regulatory, company, and customer requirements.
- Follow company safety policies and practices fostering a safe workplace and environment for ourselves and our co-workers.
- Work safely with the chemicals used in the cleaning process and ensure all chemicals are used at proper concentrations following chemical handling SOP.
- Wear appropriate person protective equipment (PPE) while perform cleaning tasks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRING
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- No experience required.
- Follows all GMPs, Food Safety, and EHS SOPs per assignments.
- Properly, accurately and legibly complete required document documentation.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with extended periods of standing, walking, bending, twisting, and lifting in safe manner.
- Able to lift-up to 50lbs and push and/or pull up to 100 lbs.
- Sanitation experience in a food manufacturing environment is preferred.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.