Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in San Luis Obispo, California. OUTPATIENT Child PSYCHIATRIST
Our Outpatient Child Psychiatrists provide continuous and comprehensive services necessary for the promotion of optimal mental health, prevention and treatment of psychiatric disorders, and health maintenance to children and adolescents. This includes the assessment, diagnosis, and management of mental health problems and psychiatric disorders as well as the prescription and management of medication.
Education/experience required: Experience in a psychiatric setting, CA License preferred.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Thorough initial psychiatric evaluation of the patient leading to a differential diagnosis and treatment plan of care.
- Knowledge of and adherence to professionally accepted standards of care such as treatment guidelines put out by the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) or equivalent practice standards of care.
- Maintain a customer-oriented approach to meeting patient needs in an expedient manner, involving the family in the plan of care as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality and patient privacy.
- Document care provided meeting standards for chart reviews.
- Seek consultations as appropriate, act as a consultant as requested.
- Take an active role in contributing to the improvement of office functioning.
- Maintain an effective panel size and is responsible for an average of 15 patient visits per day.
- It is desirable that the psychiatrist would supervise up to 2 mid-level practitioners for which a competitive stipend would be compensated.
Salary $235,000 + DOE