Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worlds leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporations infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
A Galvanizing Manager is key part of the management team. They analyze and improve galvanizing processes, and work to improve safety, quality, productivity, and efficiency. The Manager is responsible for team motivation, ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability of the department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead departments planning process: lead and manage strategic initiatives to achieve key functional, operational, and financial objectives, and provide department leaders, and teammates with a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Supervise routine galvanizing maintenance process, including chemical solution analysis daily.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Manage galvanizing facility & equipment upgrade projects.
- Maintain galvanizing certifications and permits.
- Gather and input data to generate weekly/monthly/quarterly production reports; budget control, including capital, operating expenditures, and manpower costs.
- Handle internal and external customer calls: work orders, schedule work, and oversee processing paperwork.
- Develop and manage annual KPIs for Galvanizing; productivity, utilization, throughput, quality, on-time delivery, and continuous improvement.
- Act as a positive change agent for continuous improvement to constantly improve performance within the galvanizing operations.
- Coach and mentor Leads, assist with performance reviews, and manage annual bonus and merit process.
- Ensure the sites maintains strict adherence to the EH&S, Ethics, behaviors, and core values of the Lindsay Corporation.
- Responsible for talent acquisition/retention, employee development and performance management.
- Bachelors degree in operations management; related field or
- At least 5 years of operational and managerial experience in a manufacturing environment with experience as a production or manufacturing manager (galvanizing experience a plus)
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Solid analytical skills; able to resolve complex business problems (technical, product, service, process, operations and organizational) and identify priorities.
- Requires a strong initiative, proactive nature, and a sense of urgency.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and hands-on ERP systems experience .