Under supervision, the incumbent of this position provides nursing care to clinic patients within the state's scope of LPN/LVN practice. Works collaboratively with the clinicians and other interdisciplinary team members to facilitate quality care for the patient.
- Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids provider during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Observes, records, and reports patients' condition and reaction to drugs or treatments to providers.
- Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
- Greets patients and obtains well-documented history and vitals. Prepares patients for physical exam. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
- May perform the following tasks in accordance with established procedures and as prescribed by applicable licensure/certification.
- Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing or vocational nursing
- Previous medical office experience preferred
- Valid state license to practice nursing
- Current CPR certification
- Travel required to all Northeast Texas clinics (Palestine, Tyler, Sulphur Springs)