Planned Parenthood North Central States
Health Center Associate II (HCA II)/MA/LPN/RN Apple Valley, MN
Starting salary for candidate who meets minimum requirements (Experience will be compensated): $20+ for HCAII/MA, $24+ for LPN, and $28+ for RN
$2 Weekend and/or $4 Float Differential provided when shift requirements are met.
Typical Schedule: FT, 30 hours/week
At Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS), we believe all people deserve the right, the freedom, and the opportunity to follow their personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a healthier, more meaningful life. That s why we protect, promote, and provide comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive health care for generations of young people and families with empathy, care, and respect. We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Click here to learn more: Our Mission
A Day in the Life
Under immediate supervision of the Health Center Manager, the Health Center Associate (HCA) II performs a wide variety of functions. As the first patient contact in the clinic, the HCA II plays a critical role in shaping the experience of our patients. HCA IIs are responsible for providing the highest level of customer service and patient care as well as supporting the operations of the health center. HCA IIs perform routine clinic duties associated with a reproductive health program within the scope of their training. HCA IIs are advocates in implementing our mission To affirm the right to reproductive and sexual health and freedom for all by providing excellent care, trusted education, and fierce advocacy. They may perform other related duties to support health center operations as assigned.
Tentative Schedule: Rotating, variable shifts between the hours of 8:45 and 5:30 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and between the hours of 9:45 and 6:30 Tuesday and Thursday, and 9:30 to 2:30 on Saturdays.
This position will impact us with the following contributions:
- Flow between the front desk and clinical spaces to provide support
- Welcome all patients and visitors. Register patients for health center services. Answer phones, direct calls, and reach out to patients as needed. Perform computer data entry, including patient demographics, insurance information, and appointment scheduling.
- Accurately inform patients of potential costs for services. Assess and collect patient fees. Reconcile, prepare, and make bank deposits. Comply with all aspects of the cash handling policies.
- Prepare charge tickets for clinical staff coding. Charge post for clinical services and review charges for accuracy. Perform and reconcile charge reports.
- Interview and screen patients, conduct patient history review, document in electronic medical record, prepare patients for examinations/procedures. Monitor patient vital signs.
- Perform routine laboratory tests including fingersticks. Communicate lab test results to clinician.
- Set up exam rooms and prepare patients for their clinical visits
- Provide factual patient education. Provide additional education in cooperation with clinician or RN assessment, including explanations of all FDA approved birth control methods. Provide unbiased specific instruction on the patient s selected birth control method.
- Follow all federal, state, and local laws regarding mandated reporting, abortion services, healthcare services, and HIPAA.
- Perform all applicable inventory functions for the clinical areas. Process and stock clinical supplies that are received.
The Ideal Candidate Brings:
- High school diploma
- BLS certification
- Completion of a Medical Assisting diploma program, Associate degree in Medical Assisting, equivalent military experience, or past EMT/Paramedic licensure
- Current active, unencumbered LPN license in the state you are applying for the role
- Current active, unencumbered RN license in state you are applying for the role
The ideal candidate has reproductive health experience, bilingual skills, and experience with NextGen or other EHR systems.
This position is eligible for:
- A comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision With equity-based premium tiers
- NICE HEALTHCARE free, virtual primary care for entire household (in-home available for qualifying locations) Services include: 80 free labs, free x-rays, and physical tests, live, virtual physical therapy, 550+ free medications
- Flex Spending Account
- Life insurance
- Eligibility for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
- PTO, Float holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Eight weeks paid Parental Leave
- One Week Paid COVID leave, if necessary
- Pet Insurance
We require all PPNCS employees, volunteers, interns, and fellows to have a current, up-to date, COVID vaccine (Exemptions may be provided for medical, disability (ADA) or religious reasons.)
The position you are applying for is in a health center with direct patient care, therefore, if you were to be offered and accept employment, we would require the following documents from you prior to your first day of employment. Please do not bring this documentation to your interview you will have forms to complete that require the documentation should you be offered the position.
- Hepatitis B vaccination records and titers
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccination records or proof of immunization
- Chicken Pox vaccination records or proof of immunization
- Tetanus shot documentation
- Tuberculosis PPD Skin Test that is no older than 12 months
- BLS Certification
Planned Parenthood North Central States supports people of all ages in making responsible choices and planning their futures. We are an organization committed to creating and fostering an environment that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. When you work for Planned Parenthood you make a difference in the lives of those we serve by affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.
Planned Parenthood is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, sex, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, size, disability, socioeconomic status, or status regarding public assistance. Planned Parenthood is committed to encouraging and promoting diversity as well as providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Planned Parenthood is dedicated to an equitable and inclusive work environment and encourages all interested candidates to apply regardless of initial skill set.
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
Questions? Contact for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)