Planned Parenthood of the Heartland Planned Parenthood North Central States Clinician Ames, IA Starting salary for candidate who meets minimum requirements (Experience will be compensated): $44/hour+ $2 Weekend and/or $4 Float Differential provided when shift requirements are met. Typical Schedule: full-time, 35 hours/week About Us:
At Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS), we believe all people deserve the right, the freedom, and the opportunity to follow their personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a healthier, more meaningful life. That s why we protect, promote, and provide comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive health care for generations of young people and families with empathy, care, and respect. We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission. Click here to learn more:
Our Mission A Day in the Life
Under general administrative supervision of the Health Center Manager, clinical supervision of and collaboration with the Senior Director of Healthcare Practice and Chief Medical Officer and Program Directors, the Clinician provides clinical services, including reproductive and sexual health care, to patients at designated PPNCS health center(s). Clinicians are advocates in implementing our mission of To affirm the right to reproductive and sexual health and freedom for all by providing excellent care, trusted education, and fierce advocacy. They may perform other related duties to support health center operations as assigned. Schedule:
Monday 11:45am-8:15pm, Tuesday 8:45am-5:15pm, Wednesday 8:45am-5:15pm, Friday 8:45am-5:15pm, administrative time throughout week, 3 hours as needed Responsibilities
This position will impact us with the following contributions:
The Ideal Candidate Brings:
- Obtains pertinent patient history and performs a physical exam, as indicated by the visit type.
- Recognizes and addresses deviations from normal.
- Performs, orders, and interprets both screening and diagnostic testing; addresses abnormal findings.
- Develops plan, which may include treatment, medical or other referrals, and/or prescribing of medications.
- Provides patient instruction regarding plan of care, preventive education, and health promotion and maintenance.
- Consults with Medical Director or clinician on-call as indicated.
- Obtains informed consent when indicated.
- Collaborates with the health care team and other community agencies and resources, as indicated.
- Assesses interventions and/or referral progress as indicated.
- Documents accurately and clearly.
- Supervises clinic support staff regarding routine patient orders.
- Collaborates with Health Center Manager to meet clinic goals, productivity benchmarks, and assigned tasks.
- Provides patient focused care and assures smooth and efficient patient and clinic flow processes.
- Interprets scientific studies based on knowledge of basic research principals; Provides input and current information for the on-going process of protocol development.
- Stays up-to-date on reproductive health care developments and maintains CE requirements for required licensure and certification.
- Meets quality assurance requirements, including the appropriate dispensing of medications.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and meets compliance requirements, including HIPAA.
- Meets coding and documentation requirements.
- Possesses basic comprehension and skills of PPNCS clinic computer technology as it relates specifically to the Clinician role.
- Recognizes ethical, legal, and professional issues inherent in providing reproductive health care.
- Communicates clinical and professional issues and questions to the Senior Director of Healthcare Practice.
- Follows protocol and training requirements for expanding scope of practice and/or learning new procedures, i.e. colposcopy, IUD insertion, ultrasound, MAB support services, etc.
- Works to ensure understanding and acceptance of the Clinician role with colleagues, consumers, and the community.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Planned Parenthood policies and procedures and apply these to patient and clinic services.
- Prescribe all FDA approved methods of birth control.
- Provide medication or surgical abortion follow up.
- Refer patients for medication or surgical abortion, prenatal care, or adoption services.
- Counsel HIV+ clients.
- Assist physicians with evaluation of medication abortion patients.
- All health center staff are expected to participate in the onboarding of new employees and supporting the cross-training of established employees.
- Current active, unencumbered state license as a Registered Nurse and APN in state you are applying for the role, and ability to obtain additional state license(s) upon hire or active license as a Physician Assistant (IA and MN only)
- Current national board-certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse or a Physician Assistant
- DEA license or ability to obtain at hire, and enrollment in Controlled Substance Monitoring Program as applicable in state you are applying for the role
- Advanced degree, minimally Master s Degree
- Current CPR certification
This position is eligible for:
- A comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision With equity-based premium tiers
- NICE HEALTHCARE free, virtual primary care for entire household (in-home available for qualifying locations) Services include: 80 free labs, free x-rays, and physical tests, live, virtual physical therapy, 550+ free medications
- Flex Spending Account
- Life insurance
- Eligibility for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
- PTO, Float holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Eight weeks paid Parental Leave
- One Week Paid COVID leave, if necessary
- Pet Insurance
We require all PPNCS employees, volunteers, interns, and fellows to have a current, up-to date, COVID vaccine (Exemptions may be provided for medical, disability (ADA) or religious reasons.)
The position you are applying for is in a health center with direct patient care, therefore, if you were to be offered and accept employment, we would require the following documents from you prior to your first day of employment. Please do not bring this documentation to your interview you will have forms to complete that require the documentation should you be offered the position.
Planned Parenthood North Central States supports people of all ages in making responsible choices and planning their futures. We are an organization committed to creating and fostering an environment that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. When you work for Planned Parenthood you make a difference in the lives of those we serve by affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom. Planned Parenthood is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, sex, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, size, disability, socioeconomic status, or status regarding public assistance. Planned Parenthood is committed to encouraging and promoting diversity as well as providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Planned Parenthood is dedicated to an equitable and inclusive work environment and encourages all interested candidates to apply regardless of initial skill set. Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
- Hepatitis B vaccination records
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccination records or proof of immunization
- Tuberculosis PPD Skin Test that is no older than 12 months
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)