The Bakery Lead provides exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for. Bakery Leads are also expected to have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.
- Experience Required: Retail work experience or Store Leader recommendation
- Experience Desired: Retail leadership or supervisory experience; Successful performance as a Peer Trainer or other similar role; Successful performance as an in-store champion (e.g., safety, service, wellness) or similar role; Demonstrated product knowledge relevant to department; Satisfactory performance and discipline record
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for.
- Have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Review production schedule to determine production requirements for a variety of baked goods for cake decorating preparation.
- Bake prepared and from-scratch products for the bakery cases and displays, review bakery label standards - rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest products are available for sale.
- Assist in maintaining bakery backroom, cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering raw materials and supplies in order to meet customer requirements and maximize profits.
- Accurately record special orders on bakery products to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Pull out dates, scan stale items into the appropriate system and track shrink.
- Maintain opening and closing department standards (as far as setup and breakdown), as well as daily operational conditions.
- Receive food ingredients and supplies from the dry, frozen and packaging storage areas as required for daily operation.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.